The travellers pilgrimage combined with a small group and unique path. To enhance your experience of the Lares trek you will explore the sophisticated Inca ruins of Pisac being enticed by the distallion of the oldest traditions and the finest building on the planet.
Hike through the Lares Valley with your professional guide, having the opportunity to reforge your connection by interacting with the locals who are still keeping the Inca culture alive.. It will make you negotiate your own life being so close to such diverse beautiful people living side by side. To compliment your trek we will provide you with the best fresh meals and excellent chefs.
For your grand finale explore the much awaited for, new 7 wonder of the world: Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cusco – Huaran – Cancha Cancha)
The excitement of your Lares trek will help you arise early for your pick up at 5:00am whether in Cusco or the Sacred Valley we will be there. Within the hour we will arrive at the dusted ancient remanents of this truly awesome Pisac Inca citadel. If you are able to take your eyes off the ruins and look up towards the skies you will be memorised at the flight of the Cararcara falcons hovering and circling in this infinite sky. Our guide will share with you the history in all it´s brilliance.
Breakfast is served high above looking down at the plunging gorges and awesome views of the Inca city and valleys. Driving onward for 40 more minutes to Huaran, we meet our horsemen and horses. Time to kit up, boots on, let’s begin our first 3 hours gradually ascending up to Canchacancha, replenishing our energy for our trek ahead with a delicious lunch prepared by our trekking chef. Canchacancha being the the most isolated and self-sustainable community traditional to the core no bus route no electricity. Reforge your connection with nature and the realness of life intertwinning your energies with the locals and sharing in their homes. It would be of much appreciation to share some toys, old useful clothes, notebooks, fruit or any items. Two hours later we have completed our first trekking day and arrive at our campsite. Boots off, time to enjoy high tea with amazing views of the frozen Andean peaks. After dinner our guide will show you the Inca’s constellations which they depended on for their agricultural guidance and still do to this present day.
– Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time – Dinner
– Accommodation: Camping facilities
– Distance: 12kms / 7 miles
– Time: 6hrs approximately
– Difficulty: Moderate
Day 2: Cancha Cancha – Quishuarani
Feeling all reved up on our second day and having a delicious breakfast to start, we begin our 4 hour hike northeast an intense walk accomplishing the three high passes to the highest point of our trek called Pachacuted pass. (4700 mt / 15420 ft) This is the time to pat yourself on the back and embrace the feeling of total exhilaration and self-achievement. Compensating for the intense walk the views of the rigid glaciers, shockingly blue glacial lakes, llamas, rugged valleys and undulating farmlands.. After time to enjoy the 360º views, we descend for an hour taking lunch by the mirrored glacial lake, with picturesque views of the Lares Valley with plenty of llamas and alpacas. After siesta time we descend for 2 hours til we reach our campsite located by the Kiswarani community. (3700 mt) Taking the backroads to Machu Picchu Llama herders are readily available and the local indigenous people will open there hearts and interact with you in the Quechua language (Inca’s language). Your guide will act as your mediator to translate and teach you some quechua language, then you get to enjoy the stunning waterfall… Finally we arrive to Kiswany, take our transportation for 2 hours to Ollantaytambo and then the train to Aguas Calientes where we spend the night in a hotel.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time – Dinner
- Accommodation: Camping facilities with comfortable tents, inflatable mattress’s, blanket’s and pillows
- Distance: 14kms / 10.3 miles
- Time: 8hrs approximately
- Difficulty: challenge
Day 3: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Bursting out with excitment on your final sureal day, we take the first bus to Machu Picchu archeological site making sure we tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site the master Machu Picchu what an unforgettable experience. Your guide will expertly direct you through the energetic ruins and its diverse main streets. Then on your own, wander around the town squares of the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Or stay still and find the samsara within as you sit in the pure delight of the moment.
Note: The Lares trek departs from our travel agency every day all year round. We recommend to go on this trek from April to October, because of the dry season.
End of our Services
- Briefing at our office which will take place the night before the trekking departure at 6pm
- Guided tour for 2 hours in Pisac
- Entrance to Pisac Inca ruins
- Transportation to the trailhead at Huaran
- English speaking professional mountain guide
- Expedition train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu ONLY
- Admission ticket to Machu picchu archaeological complex
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Hotel with private room and bathroom in Aguas Calientes
- 4 person Igloo tents (large and comfortable) and a roll pad mattress
- Delicious meals during the 4 days as indicated in the itinerary
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Horseman and mules, to carry all camping and personal equipment (7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes, sleeping bag will be carried by our mules)
- Provision of a horse in case of emergency such as illness, to ensure trek can be completed by all participants
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles
- Sleeping bag (minus 10 ºC) – US$ 20
- Huaynapicchu mountain – US$25
- Lunch on the 3rd day
- 1 way bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- OPTIONAL UPGRADES: Hotel or train – VISTADOME Train to Cusco instead of Expedition Train- Please add US$57 per person
- Tips for the crew: guide, cook, horseman
Good, clean and warm -15° sleeping: US$20. This is for the whole trek.
Vistadome upgrade train for the way back: from US$57 per person.
Walking sticks – US$10 for the pair and whole trek.
Huayna Picchu Mt – US$25.
What you need to bring
- Original passport
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC) if you have a student discount
- Sleeping bag (can be rented as well)
- Walking boots/shoes
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or camel bags
- Water, money to buy water along the way or water purification tablets
- Insect repellent
- Personal medication
- Torch with batteries
To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC (International Student Identity Card) card. Scan the card and email us the copy at the time of your booking for a $20 discount per student!
For children younger than 17, we offer a $20 discount. Just scan and email a copy of the passports at the time of your booking.
For availability of spaces for this service, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we`ll send you detailed information, prices, terms and conditions.
Please keep in mind that significant price reductions are available for groups. All our tours are fully guaranteed, departure every day. Contact us for more information for the tour that you are choosing, or to begin customizing your own itinerary.
“MACHU PICCHU WONDER TRAVEL is a tour operator travel agency in Peru and the city of Cusco, We really know what we do and offer, We are well managed, with several offices in Peru and a long list of travel destinations, offering all travel alternatives in Perú, from family trips, honeymoon trips and luxury travel, including adventure tours and exploring trips to the jungle, for almost any budget”
NOTE: MACHU PICCHU WONDER TRAVEL, specializes in organizing the ideal travel plan to Peru, with hotels and destinations that you choose, because we have all confidential and promotional rates. For guidance on how to organize your custom package. Please write us.