Hiking the Inca Trail is a unique experience that you have to try once in your life: intense and fabulous trekking through a range of spectacular Inca ruins while contemplating some of the most marvelous sceneries on the way.
Extraordinary landscapes, walking the Inca Trail through different ecological systems, amazing variety of flora and fauna, the adventures awaiting for you along the 3 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu present original cobble stones and allow you to visit the most important Inca complex on the way, Wiñayhuayna also known as “Forever Young”. And you finish your trek at the impressive Inca citadel of Macchu Picchu so needless to say that this is an experience you are not to forget anytime soon.
Like every MACHUPICCHU WONDER TRAVEL, this adventure has been designed by travelling specialists so you can completely rely on us for everything and be sure every dime of yours is wisely spent.
Day 1: Cusco – KM 104 – Wiñayhuayna – Aguas Calientes
We will start our first day of the Inca Trail trek by picking everyone up from their hotels in Cusco early in the morning. You may want to have your breakfast in your hotel before your pick up time, but you can also bring snacks to bring along the way. From Cusco you will go to Ollantaytambo to take a train to KM 104 (Expedition class train). We’ll start the Inca trail trek at KM 104which is also an official Inca Trail checkpoint. Here they will check your passport, Inca Trail permit and your ISIC if you booked your Inca Trail trek with a student discount.
At this official Inca Trail checkpoint the authorities will ask for your original passport, your Inca Trail permit and if you booked your Inca Trail trek with a student discount, you will need to show your original ISIC card (International Student Identity Card) as well. In the area there are some archeological remains we’ll visit called Chachabamba.
From this area it will take about 3 to 4 hours to hike steadily uphill to Wiñay Wayna. We’ll have a box lunch in Wiñay Wayna. You’ll also have the chance to visit an archeological site in the area. From here we’ll walk an additional 2 hours to get to Inti Punku also known as the Sun Gate in English.
From here we’ll have our first view of Machu Picchu so it will be a reat opportunity t take pictures before heading towards Machu Picchu. We’ll be in Machu Picchu at about 4:00pm and stay for a little while to take in the view of Machu Picchu and rest. From Machu Picchu we’ll take a bus down to Aguas Calientes. We’ll have a dinner together and stay overnight at our hotel.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
We’ll start our second day with breakfast at 5:00am at our hotel and then head out to the bus station in Aguas Calientes to take a bus up to Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu is at an altitude of about 2400 meters. We’ll have a guided tour of Machu Picchu that will last about 2 hours and afterwards you’ll have time to roam around the ancient city on your own to soak up the magical atmosphere.
When you feel like you’ve seen most of the city for the day, you can take one of the busses back to Aguas Calientes to have the rest of the day to yourself to wander, buy souvenirs, or visit the local hot springs which has an entrance fee of 10 Peruvian Nuevos Soles. You’ll stay overnight in the same hotel.
Day 3: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Huayna Picchu – Back to Cusco.
Today we’ll start with a breakfast at the hotel before we head back to Machu Picchu. We’ll take a bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu. Depending on your entrance time for Huayna Picchu you can walk around for a while before entering, but they are very strict about the entrance times, so make sure to be on time! You will need to show your entrance ticket for Huayna Picchu and your passport.
It should take about 45 minutes to get to the top and once there you can rest from the strenuous and daunting climb up the mountain as well as enjoying the wonderful view of Machu Picchu and the surrounding mountains and valley. After climbing back down to Machu Picchu you can roam around Machu Picchu again or you can go back to Aguas Calientes right away. You can take a bus down to Aguas Calientes and from there, depending on your train schedule take your Expedition train to Ollantaytambo. In Ollantaytambo you will be picked up and driven back to Cusco.
Note: The time table for the trains may change according to the train company’s availability. There will also be changes to your itinerary and price if you decide to change your departure time, or upgrade to the Vistadome Train. If you booked later than most of your group for your Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu, you may not be in the same train as the rest of your group.
- Briefing (usually scheduled one or two days before your trek).
- Train (Expedition Class) from Ollantaytambo to KM 104.
- Inca Trail entrance ticket.
- Machu Picchu entrance ticket.)
- First Aid basic equipment and oxygen for emergencies.
- Professional bilingual (Spanish / English) guide (guides who speak other languages upon request).
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 1 lunches, 1 dinners (vegetarian, vegan, etc. dietary requirements available if requested during time of booking at no extra charge).
- 3 Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to/from Aguas Calientes.t
- Expedition Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (see note about train availability, changes in times, etc.)
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Huaynapicchu entrance ticket.
- 2 nights in hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Breakfast Day 1, Lunch and dinner on the last two days.
- Entrance fees for Thermal Baths in Aguas Calientes (USD $ 6.00).
- Porter to carry your personal belongings.
- Backpack storage at Machu Picchu (USD $ 1.00).
- Water for your water bottles. You can buy water along the way or bring water purification tablets.
- Activities and items not included in the itinerary.
- Walking sticks (10 $ for a pair of sticks)
- Extra porter for personal items (USD $ 60.00 for max. 7 Kilos)
- Upgrade to Single room in Aguas Calientes (USD $ 35.00)
- Upgrade to Vistadome train (USD $ 80.00)
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu (USD $ 75.00) – There is only a limited space at Huayna Picchu (400 persons per day), so it is a good idea to book in advance.
- We can help you to book hotels (standard and luxury) in whole Peru.
Student card with current date, no more than two years.
If you are under 17 years old, you can get a discount (USD $ 20.00) of the Inca Trail; you have to scan and send you passport to us at the time of your booking.
For availability of spaces for this service, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we`ll send you detailed information, prices, terms and conditions.
Please keep in mind that significant price reductions are available for groups. All our tours are fully guaranteed, departure every day. Contact us for more information for the tour that you are choosing, or to begin customizing your own itinerary.
“MACHU PICCHU WONDER TRAVEL is a tour operator travel agency in Peru and the city of Cusco, We really know what we do and offer, We are well managed, with several offices in Peru and a long list of travel destinations, offering all travel alternatives in Perú, from family trips, honeymoon trips and luxury travel, including adventure tours and exploring trips to the jungle, for almost any budget”
NOTE: MACHU PICCHU WONDER TRAVEL, specializes in organizing the ideal travel plan to Peru, with hotels and destinations that you choose, because we have all confidential and promotional rates. For guidance on how to organize your custom package. Please write us.